A place where anyone is free to come, relax, and get to know God … It’s a place of discovery through song, drama, teachings and most of all—through coming together as a community.
9:30 am and 11:00 am
Family Life Ministry
Our Family Life ministry is developed to support and build on the spiritual foundation families are laying for their children in a fun and captivating way. Our goals are to give kids the opportunity to worship God, grow in their relationship with Him and share their faith with others.
oak hills baby: birth to 2 1/2 years
oak hills preschool: 2 1/2—5 years
elements: kindergarten-5th grade
Sunday 9:30 am—all ages infants-5th grade
Sunday 11:00 am—all ages infants-5th grade
Wednesday 6:30 pm—all ages infants-5th grade
A Wednesday night gathering of Jr. and Sr. High School students. We’re not concerned with religion, our purpose is to create an environment where students can find God and grow in a deep relationship with Him.
Wednesday 6:30 pm—6th grade to 12th grade
Oak Hills Church is a community committed to making connections and nothing plays a bigger role than small groups. By meeting regularly in small groups, participants enjoy a more intimate setting to develop relationships and deepen their devotion to God. Small Groups are usually 5-12 people who meet to encourage, support and help one another on their spiritual journey.
We are fiercely committed to supporting missionaries throughout the world as well as within our own community. Our support internationally includes financial giving, prayer and welcoming missionary guests throughout the year. Closer to home, Oak Hills Church maintains strong relationships with LifeCenter, Teen Challenge and Sarreen Ministries. We also have a special ministry to our own community called the Neighborhood Partnership.
Missions Week: we hold a one week special event in November which highlights Oak Hills Church’s mission involvement in our neighborhood and around the world. Short term mission trips: each year Oak Hills Church sponsors up to three short-term mission trips which partner with the missionaries we support around the world. Missions partners: our missions partners are those who agree to support missions above and beyond their tithe in order that the gospel of Jesus Christ can be taken into the entire world.
For all ladies young and just a little past young. We know you love to engage in telling your life story and hearing everyone else’s. You love learning about how to be beautiful inside and out, what to eat, wear and what’s important to know. Twice a year we sponsor a women’s event designed to meet the needs of women who are engaged in their world, their families and their faith.
For those women interested in good advice about being single, married, working, motherhood and follower of Jesus we offer the opportunity to be mentored by a woman with a bit more experience who has maneuvered life’s joys and challenges.
We offer small groups specifically designed for women throughout the year. We also plan two large group events called Ladies Night Out and offer mentoring for women of all ages.
We host three events each year specifically designed for men. We also have Next Generation Groups (NGG) which allow older, more experienced men to mentor the younger generation of men.
Care & Counseling
Life has its hurts and painful seasons. Change can be scary so we often go on living with the hurt.
“After you have suffered a little while, our God, who is full of kindness through Christ, will give you his eternal glory. He personally will come and pick you up, and set you firmly in place, and make you stronger than ever.”
Oak Hills Church care and counseling is based on these beliefs:
- We believe that God exists
- We believe that He deeply cares about you
- We believe that God has the power to help
These are the practical ways that we offer to help care for you:
- Care groups - you can look at the small group directory to see which care groups are currently meeting. Examples are Life’s Healing Choices and Divorce Care.
- Pastoral counseling - should you desire to meet with a pastor you can make an appointment by calling the church office.
- Lay prayer counseling - you can make an appointment to meet during the week with a lay counselor especially trained to help you experience true freedom in Christ.
- Referral counseling - we have a list of qualified counselors we can recommend to you if you are in need of a professional Christian counselor.
- Pre-marital counseling - trained couples who have been married for many years prepare our soon to be married couples for a lifetime together.
Please call the church office if you have any questions or would like more information 651-289-1570.
At Oak Hills Church we believe that prayer is not a ministry that some are involved in or called to. Rather, we believe prayer is the life source for every follower of Christ. We cannot continue to view prayer as optional and at the same time, it is not a duty. Prayer is not about the words that we say but is about the attitude of our hearts. The prayer ministry would like to help everyone understand that the practice of prayer
- is a simple conversation with God
- brings us into the presence of God
- develops intimate relationship with God so we can know Him better
- confirms who His word says He is
These are some practical ways that will help you experience the power of prayer
- Altar prayer- trained counselors are ready to pray for any need you may have after each Sunday service.
- Lay counselor prayer - you can make an appointment to meet during the week with a lay counselor especially trained to help you experience true freedom in Christ.
- Prayer chain - fill out a request on Sunday morning, call the office or go online and let us know how we can pray for you. We will pass along your request to a chain of people who will lift up your need to the Lord.
Please call the church office, 651.289.1570, if you have any questions or would like more information.